Please review the following information carefully:
The New Orleans Shakespeare Festival at Tulane, will hold auditions for a production of The Tempest, directed by Clare Moncrief.
Union and non-union actors with a strong command of classical text. NOSFT is an equal opportunity employer.
The following roles are open:
- Sebastian, his brother. 35-40.
- Antonio, Prospero’s brother/Duke of Milan. 35-40.
- Gonzalo, king’s honest counselor. 35-45.
- Francisco, a lord. 35-50.
- Caliban, savage and deformed slave. 35-45. Physical role.
- Trinculo, king’s jester. 25-35.
- Stephano, drunken butler to the king. 25-35.
- Miranda, daughter to Prospero, 18-20 but playing younger.
- Ariel, a spirit (male or female). 20-30. Androgynous and slight. Physical role & possible singing.
- Other spirits (3+). Male and/or female. Under 30 and physical.
The following roles have been cast:
- Prospero, rightful Duke of Milan. Mid 50’s.
- Ferdinand, son the king. 18-20.
- Alonso , King of Naples. 40-50.
Audition Dates and Times:
Auditions will be held in 15-minute blocks on:
- Friday March 3 from 5:00p-9:00p
- Saturday March 4 from 11:00a-4:00p
Please note that actors who attended auditions for The Taming of the Shrew do not need to attend Friday auditions. Some of those actors may be contacted to read at callbacks.
McWilliams Hall, Room 200 (2nd floor)
Street parking is usually ample around campus and on Broadway Street. You may park on campus M-F after 5:30p and anytime of weekends.
Actors interested in auditioning should email Chaney Tullos at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your preferred window of time.
Actors should prepare a monologue of Shakespeare, one minute in length.
Please bring a headshot and resume with you.
First rehearsal: June 5, 2017
Show opens: July 7, 2017
Performance dates at Festival: July 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23. Curtain is 7:30p except for 1:30p Sunday matinees.
Rehearsals are held from 6:00p-11:00p Tuesday-Friday, and 12:00p-8:30p Saturday and Sunday. We ask that actors only audition if they are able to commit to all rehearsals and shows and will not accept conflicting work during that time.
All roles are paid.
We are unable to offer housing this season.
Taped submissions will not be accepted.