Please review the following information carefully:
The New Orleans Shakespeare Festival at Tulane will hold auditions for the following shows in its 23rd season:
+ The Two Gentlemen of Verona by William Shakespeare, directed by Jessica Podewell
+ The Illusion by Tony Kushner, directed by Chaney Tullos
The full season can be viewed HERE.
Professional union and non-union actors with a strong command of classical text. NOSFT is an equal opportunity employer.
The Two Gentlemen of Verona:
- Proteus: Male, 18-25
- Valentine: Male, 18-25
- Julia: Female, 18-25
- Launce: Male or female, 18-25
- Duke of Milan: Male, 50s
- Speed: Male or female, 18-25
- Silvia: Female, 18-25
- Lucetta/ensemble: Female, 25-35
- Antonio/Host: Male, 50s
- Panthino/ensemble: Female, 18-25
- Thurio: Male, 18-35
- Eglamour/ensemble: Male, 20-30s
- Outlaw #3: Male, 20s
- Musician/outlaw: Male or female, 20-30s – Looking for a few musically inclined actors. Actors who play a transportable instrument can prepare a one-minute (no longer) excerpt for the audition.
- Pridamant: Male, 50+
- The Amanuensis: Male, 20-50.
- Alcandre: Male, 50+
- Matamore: Male, 30+
- Calisto/Clindor/Theogenes: Male, 20s. One actor plays three roles spanning 15 years time.
- Melibea/Isabelle/Hippolyta: Female, 20s. One actor plays three roles spanning 15 years time.
- Elicia/Lyse/Clarina: Female, 20s. One actor plays three roles spanning 15 years time.
- Pleribo/Adraste/Prince Florilame: 20s. One actor plays three roles spanning 15 years time.
Audition Dates and Times:
Auditions will be held in 15-minute blocks on:
- Friday February 12, 5:00p-8:00p
- Saturday February 13, 11:00a-4:00p
- Sunday February 14, 12:00p-6:00p
McWilliams Hall, near the corner of Zimple St. and Broadway St.
Follow signs on 1st floor
Parking is ample on Broadway St. or on campus near Dixon Hall on Newcomb Place.
Detailed directions HERE.
Actors interested in auditioning should send an electronic headshot and resume to Chaney Tullos at firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments will be scheduled via email upon receipt.
Actors should prepare a Shakespearean monologue, approximately one minute in length. Please bring a headshot and resume with you.
Two Gentlemen first rehearsal: May 17, 2016
Two Gentlemen opens: June 18, 2016
Two Gentlemen closes: July 2, 2016
The Illusion first rehearsal: June 19, 2016
The Illusion opens: July 23, 2016
The Illusion closes: August 6, 2016
Rehearsals are held from 6:00p-11:00p Tuesday-Friday, and 12:00p-8:30p Saturday and Sunday. The Illusion will have some rehearsals on Mondays from 6:00p-11:00p. We ask that actors only audition if they are able to commit to all rehearsals and shows and will not accept conflicting work (theatre or film) during that time.
The Two Gentlemen of Verona will be remounted in January 2017 for the annual Performance for the Schools. Actors auditioning for this play should also be available for the month of January in 2017.
We are unable to offer housing this season.
Taped submissions will not be accepted this season.